PHOENIX — We’ve all been there before: We get past airport security and are dying for a drink, but we don’t want to pay for another bottle of water.
That’s no longer an issue at Phoenix Sky Harbor. The airport said Wednesday that it has installed free water bottle refilling stations near a majority of its concourse entrances.
“These water bottle filling stations are already very popular with our customers,” Deputy Aviation Director for Facilities and Services Becky Gawin said in a press release. “Not only do they offer passengers an added convenience, they are a sustainable feature, reducing the use of disposable plastic bottles.”
In total, 13 stations are available across the airport’s three terminals. There are seven in Terminal 4, which handles about 80 percent of the airport’s traffic, four in Terminal 3 and two in Terminal 2.
The refilling stations are attached to water fountains and are designed to fit bottles.
The airport said thousands of passengers use the stations per day.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl