PHOENIX — We’ve all been there before: We get past airport security and are dying for a drink, but we don’t want to pay for another bottle of water.
That’s no longer an issue at Phoenix Sky Harbor. The airport said Wednesday that it has installed free water bottle refilling stations near a majority of its concourse entrances.
“These water bottle filling stations are already very popular with our customers,” Deputy Aviation Director for Facilities and Services Becky Gawin said in a press release. “Not only do they offer passengers an added convenience, they are a sustainable feature, reducing the use of disposable plastic bottles.”
In total, 13 stations are available across the airport’s three terminals. There are seven in Terminal 4, which handles about 80 percent of the airport’s traffic, four in Terminal 3 and two in Terminal 2.
The refilling stations are attached to water fountains and are designed to fit bottles.
The airport said thousands of passengers use the stations per day.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.