PHOENIX — We’ve all been there before: We get past airport security and are dying for a drink, but we don’t want to pay for another bottle of water.
That’s no longer an issue at Phoenix Sky Harbor. The airport said Wednesday that it has installed free water bottle refilling stations near a majority of its concourse entrances.
“These water bottle filling stations are already very popular with our customers,” Deputy Aviation Director for Facilities and Services Becky Gawin said in a press release. “Not only do they offer passengers an added convenience, they are a sustainable feature, reducing the use of disposable plastic bottles.”
In total, 13 stations are available across the airport’s three terminals. There are seven in Terminal 4, which handles about 80 percent of the airport’s traffic, four in Terminal 3 and two in Terminal 2.
The refilling stations are attached to water fountains and are designed to fit bottles.
The airport said thousands of passengers use the stations per day.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them