PHOENIX — We’ve all been there before: We get past airport security and are dying for a drink, but we don’t want to pay for another bottle of water.
That’s no longer an issue at Phoenix Sky Harbor. The airport said Wednesday that it has installed free water bottle refilling stations near a majority of its concourse entrances.
“These water bottle filling stations are already very popular with our customers,” Deputy Aviation Director for Facilities and Services Becky Gawin said in a press release. “Not only do they offer passengers an added convenience, they are a sustainable feature, reducing the use of disposable plastic bottles.”
In total, 13 stations are available across the airport’s three terminals. There are seven in Terminal 4, which handles about 80 percent of the airport’s traffic, four in Terminal 3 and two in Terminal 2.
The refilling stations are attached to water fountains and are designed to fit bottles.
The airport said thousands of passengers use the stations per day.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments