PHOENIX — We’ve all been there before: We get past airport security and are dying for a drink, but we don’t want to pay for another bottle of water.
That’s no longer an issue at Phoenix Sky Harbor. The airport said Wednesday that it has installed free water bottle refilling stations near a majority of its concourse entrances.
“These water bottle filling stations are already very popular with our customers,” Deputy Aviation Director for Facilities and Services Becky Gawin said in a press release. “Not only do they offer passengers an added convenience, they are a sustainable feature, reducing the use of disposable plastic bottles.”
In total, 13 stations are available across the airport’s three terminals. There are seven in Terminal 4, which handles about 80 percent of the airport’s traffic, four in Terminal 3 and two in Terminal 2.
The refilling stations are attached to water fountains and are designed to fit bottles.
The airport said thousands of passengers use the stations per day.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development