GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Three people were hospitalized Tuesday after a charter school bus and a pickup truck collided in a Valley intersection.
“A flat-bed pickup truck that struck the back of a school bus right where the rear wheels are,” said Russ Braden with the Goodyear Fire Department.
Witnesses said it appeared the pickup ran a red light and hit the back of the bus.
Authorities said the driver of the truck was taken to a
Phoenix hospital with a leg injury.
There were 15 people on the bus, including the driver. One 12-year-old and the driver were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The intersection of Estrella Parkway and Van Buren Street was closed.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck