PHOENIX — A military veteran and current doctoral student at Arizona State University will be honored at the White House in Washington, D.C., for his work in land conservation.
Joseph Knott will join the White House’s “Champions of Change” on Tuesday, Nov. 5, as the 12 finalists are honored for their achievements in advancing clean energy and climate security.
According to ASU News, Knott is a 33-year veteran of the Army and Army National Guard who retired in May 2012. He worked at the Pentagon as program manager for the Army’s Compatible Use Buffer Program, where he helped protect more than 70,000 acres across the U.S. for open space and habitat preservation. He later served as the manager of the Sustainability and Energy program for the National Guard Bureau.
Since retiring, Knott has become the director of military partnerships for the nonprofit Compatible Lands Foundation, based in Norfolk, Okla. He also has begun studying to earn his doctorate degree from ASU’s School of Sustainability.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy