GOODYEAR, Ariz. — In partnership with Operation Homefront, Meritage Homes handed off the keys to a brand new mortgage-free home in Goodyear to Army Sgt. Richard Neider and his family Monday.
The 2,300-square-foot home includes features such as wider doors, roll-in showers, roll-under sinks and lower light switches that will allow Neider to use his wheelchair inside of the home. It is located in Meritage’s Del Mar at Sedella community near Indian School and Citrus Road.
When the door first opened, Neider’s eyes welled up with tears followed by an ear-to-ear smile.
“It opened up my world again and my family’s world,” he said. “It’s just unbelievable. I can’t thank them enough for everything after seeing how beautiful this home is. They’ve put it all out there for us.”
Neider’s wife, Kerry, said owning a home was put aside for the family when his injuries began to get worse.
“We didn’t have a set time on being able to get a new home,” she said. “This is a dream come true.”
Meritage also provided mortgage-free homes to military families in San Antonio, TX and Raleigh, N.C.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon