A Valley violinist received quite the nod over the weekend.
According to the New York Daily News, Gilbert native Lindsey Stirling was awarded the “Best Response of the Year” Award by YouTube users.
Stirling won for her cover of Imagine Dragon’s “Radioactive” made in conjunction with another popular YouTube group, Pentatonix, known for their a cappella covers of popular songs. The video has received more than 41 million views.
Stirling has become a YouTube sensation for her creative covers of both popular music and video game themes.
According to her website, Stirling is selling tickets to concerts worldwide and her debut album sold more than 150,000 copies in the United States and more than 200,000 in Europe.
Other artists honored at the awards were Eminem, Taylor Swift and Macklemore, among others.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain