A Valley violinist received quite the nod over the weekend.
According to the New York Daily News, Gilbert native Lindsey Stirling was awarded the “Best Response of the Year” Award by YouTube users.
Stirling won for her cover of Imagine Dragon’s “Radioactive” made in conjunction with another popular YouTube group, Pentatonix, known for their a cappella covers of popular songs. The video has received more than 41 million views.
Stirling has become a YouTube sensation for her creative covers of both popular music and video game themes.
According to her website, Stirling is selling tickets to concerts worldwide and her debut album sold more than 150,000 copies in the United States and more than 200,000 in Europe.
Other artists honored at the awards were Eminem, Taylor Swift and Macklemore, among others.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them