TEMPE, Ariz. — If there’s one Valley city that can lay claim to the title of local music mecca, it’s Tempe.
After a down period, the comeback is underway.
Lead singer Jared Kolesar of Jared and the Mill is happy to be one of the artists participating in the Tempe Music Revival.
Every Friday night in November, local musicians will hit the stage at Mill Avenue and Sixth Street.
Mill Avenue’s music scene was at its height in the 1980s and 1990s, then began to decline.
“I’m glad it will be back in force soon enough. Tempe’s music scene has diminished somewhat recently,” Kolesar said.
Attendees are welcome to bring blankets and lawn chairs to the on Mill Avenue starting Friday at 5 p.m.
Downtown Tempe has been rebounding from the recession for the past couple of years with new businsses
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon