TEMPE, Ariz. — If there’s one Valley city that can lay claim to the title of local music mecca, it’s Tempe.
After a down period, the comeback is underway.
Lead singer Jared Kolesar of Jared and the Mill is happy to be one of the artists participating in the Tempe Music Revival.
Every Friday night in November, local musicians will hit the stage at Mill Avenue and Sixth Street.
Mill Avenue’s music scene was at its height in the 1980s and 1990s, then began to decline.
“I’m glad it will be back in force soon enough. Tempe’s music scene has diminished somewhat recently,” Kolesar said.
Attendees are welcome to bring blankets and lawn chairs to the on Mill Avenue starting Friday at 5 p.m.
Downtown Tempe has been rebounding from the recession for the past couple of years with new businsses
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.