PHOENIX — The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an accident that killed one driver at 83rd Avenue and Buckeye Road on Thursday and left another driver injured.
Chandler resident Mark Jones, 44, was driving east on Buckeye Road in his 2007 Chevy half-ton pickup, when he was struck by a 1998 Nissan Maxima.
Jones was attempting to turn left into a QT parking lot in order to beat oncoming traffic.
Jones was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver of the Maxima was taken to a hospital with moderate, but not life-threatening, injuries.
Speed is currently unknown, but no impairment is suspected.
At this time, it is doubtful that the driver of the second vehicle will face criminal charges.
Buckeye Road at 83rd Ave will remain closed for awhile as the investigation continues.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development