PHOENIX — A regional jet was diverted to Phoenix Sky Harbor on Thursday after a reported threat.
United Express Flight 5573 was diverted to Phoenix while flying from San Francisco to San Antonio.
No information was immediately available on what kind of threat was made or where it originated, but airport officials say a
Phoenix Police Department bomb squad was called out to search the plane.
SkyWest Airlines, which operates flights under the United Express brand, says
the 42 passengers, two pilots and two flight attendants aboard the regional jet
were evacuated and transported to a waiting area.
The plane was isolated in the northwest side of the airport. Police are investigating.
No injuries were reported.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport spokeswoman Julie Rodriguez said in a statement there were no flight delays or roadway restrictions due to the incident.
The passengers have now been cleared to resume their trip, as nothing threatening has been found.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon