PHOENIX — A regional jet was diverted to Phoenix Sky Harbor on Thursday after a reported threat.
United Express Flight 5573 was diverted to Phoenix while flying from San Francisco to San Antonio.
No information was immediately available on what kind of threat was made or where it originated, but airport officials say a
Phoenix Police Department bomb squad was called out to search the plane.
SkyWest Airlines, which operates flights under the United Express brand, says
the 42 passengers, two pilots and two flight attendants aboard the regional jet
were evacuated and transported to a waiting area.
The plane was isolated in the northwest side of the airport. Police are investigating.
No injuries were reported.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport spokeswoman Julie Rodriguez said in a statement there were no flight delays or roadway restrictions due to the incident.
The passengers have now been cleared to resume their trip, as nothing threatening has been found.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments