PHOENIX — The undead won’t be walking around Arizona this week. At least not at a scheduled fun run.
According to the Baltimore Sun, the “Run for Your Lives” event scheduled for Saturday in Arizona has been canceled.
“We had to make a really tough decision today,” said William Ward, vice president of marketing for Run for Your Lives LLC. The company laid off all its employees Wednesday, a decision he said affected about 20 people, himself included.
Ward cited a massive fall-off in attendance as the reason for the run’s cancellation and the layoffs.
Ward is unsure if the company will refund runners or seek bankruptcy protection.
“It is a question that remains open,” he said. “No one wants to say ‘No’ to that, but I don’t know what [the company] is capable of, or what is legal at this point.”
Arizona runners paid between $35 and $97 to participate.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths