PHOENIX — Zombies are all the rage. They have their own TV show, they are the subject of movies, books and songs. And now, they are the preferred politician of choice for a considerable portion of voting-age Americans.
The Rasmussen Reports said 37 percent believe zombies would do a better job running the country, 37 percent gave the nod to federal government while 26 percent can’t make up their minds.
Men are more likely than women to think zombies would do a better job leading the country. The East Coast-based polling company contacted 1,000 adults by telephone.
The poll also pointed out that 64 percent of people likely to vote have negative feelings about the government.
Along political lines, 56 percent of Democrats still support the federal government, but pluralities of Republicans — 45 percent — and those not affiliated with either major party — 44 percent — will take zombies.
Only 6 percent of Americans anticipate a zombie apocalypse, so supporters of the federal government can rest easy.
Of those awaiting an apocalypse, 74 percent said they are somewhat prepared, and 53 percent are very prepared.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development