PHOENIX — Zombies are all the rage. They have their own TV show, they are the subject of movies, books and songs. And now, they are the preferred politician of choice for a considerable portion of voting-age Americans.
The Rasmussen Reports said 37 percent believe zombies would do a better job running the country, 37 percent gave the nod to federal government while 26 percent can’t make up their minds.
Men are more likely than women to think zombies would do a better job leading the country. The East Coast-based polling company contacted 1,000 adults by telephone.
The poll also pointed out that 64 percent of people likely to vote have negative feelings about the government.
Along political lines, 56 percent of Democrats still support the federal government, but pluralities of Republicans — 45 percent — and those not affiliated with either major party — 44 percent — will take zombies.
Only 6 percent of Americans anticipate a zombie apocalypse, so supporters of the federal government can rest easy.
Of those awaiting an apocalypse, 74 percent said they are somewhat prepared, and 53 percent are very prepared.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier