PHOENIX — Zombies are all the rage. They have their own TV show, they are the subject of movies, books and songs. And now, they are the preferred politician of choice for a considerable portion of voting-age Americans.
The Rasmussen Reports said 37 percent believe zombies would do a better job running the country, 37 percent gave the nod to federal government while 26 percent can’t make up their minds.
Men are more likely than women to think zombies would do a better job leading the country. The East Coast-based polling company contacted 1,000 adults by telephone.
The poll also pointed out that 64 percent of people likely to vote have negative feelings about the government.
Along political lines, 56 percent of Democrats still support the federal government, but pluralities of Republicans — 45 percent — and those not affiliated with either major party — 44 percent — will take zombies.
Only 6 percent of Americans anticipate a zombie apocalypse, so supporters of the federal government can rest easy.
Of those awaiting an apocalypse, 74 percent said they are somewhat prepared, and 53 percent are very prepared.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them