PHOENIX — A severed finger pointed the way to jail for a Glendale man suspected of attempted theft, police said Wednesday.
Police allege that 29-year-old Joshua Allen Goverman attempted to steal copper wire from the back of an air conditioning vehicle parked in a driveway on Oct. 7. When the owner of the truck was leaving for work in the morning, he found a copper spool had been pulled about 20 feet of off the truck. At the end of the spool was a finger.
Police were able to get a fingerprint from the severed digit and linked Goverman to the crime.
Goverman told police that he lost the portion of his finger while working on a car. He also posted a photo to Facebook of the remaining portion of his finger.
Goverman was charged with theft.
The copper had an estimated value of $300.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night