PHOENIX — The clock is ticking if you have not paid your property taxes.
If you a property owner fails to pay, interest is assessed by state law at 16 percent per year pro-rated monthly. If the taxes are not paid in full within 13 months, a 5 percent advertising fee or $5.00, whichever is greater, is assessed.
“As an elected official I’m bound to serve my constituents. One of those services is helping them avoid a high rate of interest,” said Maricopa County Treasurer Charles “Hos” Hoskins of why the county is urging property owners to pay on time.
Property taxes can be paid at treasurer.maricopa.gov by following the step-by-step instructions. Owners can also pay at any Chase Bank branch or the Maricopa County Treasurer’s Office.
Taxes are due by Friday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns