PHOENIX — The clock is ticking if you have not paid your property taxes.
If you a property owner fails to pay, interest is assessed by state law at 16 percent per year pro-rated monthly. If the taxes are not paid in full within 13 months, a 5 percent advertising fee or $5.00, whichever is greater, is assessed.
“As an elected official I’m bound to serve my constituents. One of those services is helping them avoid a high rate of interest,” said Maricopa County Treasurer Charles “Hos” Hoskins of why the county is urging property owners to pay on time.
Property taxes can be paid at treasurer.maricopa.gov by following the step-by-step instructions. Owners can also pay at any Chase Bank branch or the Maricopa County Treasurer’s Office.
Taxes are due by Friday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night