PHOENIX — The clock is ticking if you have not paid your property taxes.
If you a property owner fails to pay, interest is assessed by state law at 16 percent per year pro-rated monthly. If the taxes are not paid in full within 13 months, a 5 percent advertising fee or $5.00, whichever is greater, is assessed.
“As an elected official I’m bound to serve my constituents. One of those services is helping them avoid a high rate of interest,” said Maricopa County Treasurer Charles “Hos” Hoskins of why the county is urging property owners to pay on time.
Property taxes can be paid at treasurer.maricopa.gov by following the step-by-step instructions. Owners can also pay at any Chase Bank branch or the Maricopa County Treasurer’s Office.
Taxes are due by Friday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development