PHOENIX — The clock is ticking if you have not paid your property taxes.
If you a property owner fails to pay, interest is assessed by state law at 16 percent per year pro-rated monthly. If the taxes are not paid in full within 13 months, a 5 percent advertising fee or $5.00, whichever is greater, is assessed.
“As an elected official I’m bound to serve my constituents. One of those services is helping them avoid a high rate of interest,” said Maricopa County Treasurer Charles “Hos” Hoskins of why the county is urging property owners to pay on time.
Property taxes can be paid at treasurer.maricopa.gov by following the step-by-step instructions. Owners can also pay at any Chase Bank branch or the Maricopa County Treasurer’s Office.
Taxes are due by Friday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets