PHOENIX — An embattled bar at Tempe Marketplace will close Saturday ahead of a massive makeover.
Cadillac Ranch, a bar known for its crazy party atmosphere, will reopen with a new concept, though no time frame was given. A press release said the concept will focus on “sports, daytime fun, food and drinks as well as an evening out with friends.”
It is unknown if the concept will retain the Cadillac Ranch name.
The bar gained notoriety after the death of a 19-year-old Arizona State University student. Jack Culolias was at Cadillac Ranch with a fraternity event and was served alcohol despite being underage. He was removed from the bar after being seen urinating on a patio and wandered off. His body was found a few weeks later in Tempe Town Lake.
Cadillac Ranch was fined $6,000 for illegally serving Culolias.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon