PHOENIX — The bus stops in a west Phoenix neighborhood are now the most creative bus stops in the Valley.
Decorative and functional, the 10 shelters long 67th Avenue from McDowell to Camelback roads, the fancy metal works are Leticia Huerta’s babies.
She designed the metal panels, which were made by Southwest Fabrication. Huerta came up with the design symbolizing the Mexican Bird of Paradise plant.
“It’s an honor and always exciting to complete a project. I’m happy and proud of this project,” Huerta said.
She said she met with residents about their concerns over dramatic changes in the area. That led her to choosing the the Mexican Bird of Paradise, even though the “flower is not native but you see it everywhere and it means a lot to the community.”
The project cost about $150,000 and was paid for with city funds set aside for art.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development