PHOENIX — The bus stops in a west Phoenix neighborhood are now the most creative bus stops in the Valley.
Decorative and functional, the 10 shelters long 67th Avenue from McDowell to Camelback roads, the fancy metal works are Leticia Huerta’s babies.
She designed the metal panels, which were made by Southwest Fabrication. Huerta came up with the design symbolizing the Mexican Bird of Paradise plant.
“It’s an honor and always exciting to complete a project. I’m happy and proud of this project,” Huerta said.
She said she met with residents about their concerns over dramatic changes in the area. That led her to choosing the the Mexican Bird of Paradise, even though the “flower is not native but you see it everywhere and it means a lot to the community.”
The project cost about $150,000 and was paid for with city funds set aside for art.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets