Lindsey Stirling, originally from Gilbert, Ariz., was recently ranked No. 4 on Forbes list of the world’s top-earning YouTube stars.
Stirling is a classically trained violinist whose electro-pop style and dance moves have earned her over over 7 million subscribers and 675 million views on her channel. She’s put out an album that’s sold almost 400,000 copies in the U.S. (and gone platinum in Germany) without a label backing it.
According to Forbes, Stirling has made $6 million off her YouTube fame. Felix Kjellberg, known on YouTube as PewDiePie, came in at No. 1 — making $10 million a year for letting people watch him play video games.
- The Amazon Echo is cool, but it’s much cooler when fire is involved
- At least four hurt, suspect dead in shooting at YouTube headquarters
- Apparently you can turn a roll of aluminum foil into a knife
- ‘A limb from Lego’ – an 18-year-old built a prosthetic arm
- Hold your horses: Runaway horse leads man on long chase