PHOENIX — Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry President and CEO Glenn Hamer and other Valley leaders are in the nation’s capital Tuesday asking for immigration reform soon.
Hamer said he’s optimistic that the House will come up with an immigration reform plan by the end of the year.
“The meetings are very positive but I want to be careful with expectations,” Hamer said. “This isn’t renaming a post office … Reform is a tough lift but it is vitally important to Arizona’s security and economic health.”
Hamer said the congressional delegation understands that the immigration system needs to be fixed even if the members don’t agree on the solution.
“There are some differences but those differences are not great and they’re narrowing by the day.”
In addition to Hamer and Barry Broome with the Greater Phoenix Economic Council, the Arizona delegation includes former Phoenix Police Chief Jack Harris and Steve Moore, president/CEO of the Greater Phoenix Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development