PHOENIX — When it comes students worldwide, Arizona’s are middle of the road, a study published Thursday said.
For the first time ever, data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress and the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study was analyzed to see how students in the United States compare to their peers overseas.
To make analysis simpler, the National Center for Education Statistics set the average score at 500.
When it came time to take a look at Arizona, its students were found to be almost dead-on average.
The average score for an Arizona student in math was 502. The highest was 613, set by students in Korea, followed by Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan, respectively.
The average score for an Arizona student in science was 507. The highest was 590, set by students in Singapore, followed by Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Massachusetts, respectively.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets