PHOENIX — When it comes students worldwide, Arizona’s are middle of the road, a study published Thursday said.
For the first time ever, data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress and the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study was analyzed to see how students in the United States compare to their peers overseas.
To make analysis simpler, the National Center for Education Statistics set the average score at 500.
When it came time to take a look at Arizona, its students were found to be almost dead-on average.
The average score for an Arizona student in math was 502. The highest was 613, set by students in Korea, followed by Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan, respectively.
The average score for an Arizona student in science was 507. The highest was 590, set by students in Singapore, followed by Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Massachusetts, respectively.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development