PHOENIX — If you drive around and look at houses with “For Sale” signs in front of them, you might notice something missing.
Many homes for sale used to have a mailbox-like tube right next to the sign. Inside that tube were paper fliers that you could pull out and read about the price and all of the details of the house you’re standing in front of.
“The tube is permanently empty now,” said Valley Real Estate expert Dean Wegner. “A typical flier would have 3 to 5 photos at best. Now you can go online and look at a single-page website for that listing, and it will have between 20 and 30 pictures of that property.”
The tubes were a real pain for real estate agents.
“Gas, driving out to properties, the empty tube, the maintenance. Realtors never enjoyed having those out there,” said Wegner. “But it was a must on every listing. You had to have fliers out front.”
He says that home buyers are more used to checking out properties on the internet. Because of that, more Realtors have decided to go “paperless.”
If you see a For Sale sign and pull over to take a look at a house, have your smart phone with you. That’s because there’s an app that can tell you all about the house.
“The Realtor.com [app] is free, and it’s unbelievable what it can do,” Wegner said. “You can stand in front of a property. It will GPS. It will pull it right up, and tell you the price, the square footage, the year it was built, the property taxes, and it will have 20 or 30 full color pictures of that property.”
We saw a two story house for sale near 32nd Street and Union Hills in north Phoenix, but couldn’t find it on the Realtor.com app. It turns out the house was no longer for sale.
We called the Realtor, who confirmed that the house had already been sold for $240,000 dollars. That is $72,000 less than its estimated value on Zillow.
The Realtor told us her sign is still up in the yard because the new owner is about to put the house up for sale again.
This time, the asking price will be $335,000.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck