QUARTZSITE, Ariz. — The police chief in a desert town by the Arizona-California border has been fired a second time.
Jeff Gilbert was booted from his post this week by
the Quartzsite Town Council. He told the Arizona Republic that his removal was set into motion to cover up an
his investigation into council members whom he had accused of releasing confidential police documents.
The newspaper reported Gilbert will receive about $116,000 in remaining
pay and benefits provided in his employment contract.
Town Manager Laura Bruno said the Arizona Department of Public Safety is being
asked to supply an acting chief of police during the search for Gilbert’s
Quartzsite Mayor Ed Foster said he’d prefer to disband the police force and let
the La Paz County Sheriff’s Office handle the town’s law enforcement.
The Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life