PHOENIX — Police have identified a suspect in a Friday shooting that left two people dead in the northwest Valley.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies said Jose Guadalupe Sotelo allegedly forced his way into a home in Youngtown at 111th Avenue and U.S. 60 and shot two of the three occupants.
The man, who was in his early 40s, died at the scene. The woman, who was in her early 30s, was taken to a hospital, where she died. Another woman in the house was unharmed.
Authorities believe the shooting was the result of a domestic violence situation.
Discover U charter school was placed in lockdown, which was lifted.
Sotelo, 39, is described as being a Hispanic male standing six feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes.
He is considered armed and dangerous. People should not approach him.
Sotelo has not been caught but is believed to be driving a white Ford Ranger, license plate AVD 7051.
Anyone with information on the shooting or Sotelo’s whereabouts is asked to contact MCSO at (602) 876-1011 or call 911.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them