It was the crunch heard ’round the city, an undoubtedly sweet sound for the Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton.
Hundreds of people turned out for FitPHX program’s “Apple Crunch” in downtown Phoenix Thursday, in an attempt to set the record for most people biting into a fresh apple at the same time.
The event was part of Food Day, an annual, nationwide celebration of healthy, affordable and sustainably-produced food.
Stanton used the opportunity to encourage people to live and eat healthy, particularly young people.
“It’s very important, not just for their own health and quality of life but for the health of a city,” Stanton said. “We can save a significant amount of money on healthcare costs if we can just get people thinking and acting in a more healthy way,” said Stanton.
This year’s event was held at Cesar Chavez Plaza.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development