It was the crunch heard ’round the city, an undoubtedly sweet sound for the Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton.
Hundreds of people turned out for FitPHX program’s “Apple Crunch” in downtown Phoenix Thursday, in an attempt to set the record for most people biting into a fresh apple at the same time.
The event was part of Food Day, an annual, nationwide celebration of healthy, affordable and sustainably-produced food.
Stanton used the opportunity to encourage people to live and eat healthy, particularly young people.
“It’s very important, not just for their own health and quality of life but for the health of a city,” Stanton said. “We can save a significant amount of money on healthcare costs if we can just get people thinking and acting in a more healthy way,” said Stanton.
This year’s event was held at Cesar Chavez Plaza.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them