PHOENIX — Christmas tree-cutting permits will be available by mid-November for five of Arizona’s six national forests.
The Forest Service is once again teaming up with Big Five Sporting Goods Stores statewide to release about 10,000 permits to the public.
“It’s an exciting and fun thing to do with your family,” said Jackie Banks with the Kaibab National Forest. “A great experience that your kids will always remember.”
The permits cost $15 and come with a map of areas where trees can be cut down. The forests taking part are the Apache-Sitgreaves, Coconino, Kaibab, Prescott and Tonto.
“There are specifics areas where you can cut,” Banks said. “They take the permit along with them and put the tag on the tree. We also have signs in the woods for the designated Christmas tree areas.”
Fore more information, click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development