PHOENIX — A Peoria, Ariz. woman is seeking to become one of the most famous huntresses in the nation by winning the 2014 Extreme Huntress competition.
Mindy Arthurs is one of four finalists in the competition. She first became addicted to hunting when she pulled her first trigger in 2008 after her husband returned from an elk hunting trip in New Mexico.
“He was all jazzed about it,” she said. “I could see that energy and I begged him to get me a gun and he did for my birthday and I started with a successful black bear hunt. I put in for the ‘Extreme Huntress’ by sending in an essay and photos and now here I am asking Arizona to get behind me.”
If Arthurs wins, she receives an all-expenses paid hunting trip that will air on NBC Sports. She has a long bucket list of where she wants to go to, including Africa.
As hooked as she is on hunting, she wants her sons, 11 and 14, out there as well.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon