Arizona isn’t known for having good pizza, let’s face it. But one saucy joint in Phoenix broke that stereotype and is now being named one of the nation’s best.
Foodie website, The Daily Meal, recently ranked the best pizzas in America and Pizzeria Bianco in Downtown Phoenix landed at No. 3. The Valley spot came in right behind Brooklyn’s famed Di Fara and Frank Pepe’s from New Haven, Conn.
“This is another case where any pie will likely be better than most you’ve had in your life,” wrote the publication.
Chris Bianco took his New York City roots to Phoenix nearly three decades ago and opened Pizzeria Bianco nine years later. Soon after Bianco’s wood-fired oven first turned out the delicious pie, it quickly became a Valley hot spot.
If you want a slice from Bianco’s best, get there early — the wait is known to get lengthy.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain