Arizona isn’t known for having good pizza, let’s face it. But one saucy joint in Phoenix broke that stereotype and is now being named one of the nation’s best.
Foodie website, The Daily Meal, recently ranked the best pizzas in America and Pizzeria Bianco in Downtown Phoenix landed at No. 3. The Valley spot came in right behind Brooklyn’s famed Di Fara and Frank Pepe’s from New Haven, Conn.
“This is another case where any pie will likely be better than most you’ve had in your life,” wrote the publication.
Chris Bianco took his New York City roots to Phoenix nearly three decades ago and opened Pizzeria Bianco nine years later. Soon after Bianco’s wood-fired oven first turned out the delicious pie, it quickly became a Valley hot spot.
If you want a slice from Bianco’s best, get there early — the wait is known to get lengthy.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again