A group of Arizona State University journalism students had their dream of being on the “Today” show come true after a clip showing their fandom went viral.
It all started with a tweet from ASU student Torunn Sinclair asking the morning show to check out their “Today” show themed dorm room floor.
Two months later, the message reached the NBC news desk and the Sun Devils got their big break on Wednesday’s broadcast. The show featured the story and interviewed two of the students involved with the stunt. The group, decked out in maroon and gold, cheered while being filmed from their ASU dorm.
Things soon heated when Sparky, ASU’s famed mascot, took off his mask revealing to be co-host Al Roker.
We had so much fun with the students at ASU this morning. Al may never come home.
No, really. Send him home.
— Matt Lauer (@MLauer) October 23, 2013
— Torunn Sinclair (@TorunnSinclair) August 28, 2013
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon