TEMPE, Ariz. — Two Tempe bar owners helped launch the premiere of a new Discovery Channel reality show on Monday.
In the first episode of Discovery Channel’s “Bar Hunters,” best friends Ben Levine and Lars Havens are looking for the perfect spot to open their “all-American country bar.” They are accompanied by host Tom Powers, a bar expert and sommelier who has helped launch over two dozen bars and restaurants. Powers uses his knowledge and expertise to help the first-time bar owners find their dream bar, along with giving them the pros and cons of each location they visit.
After looking at three locations, including Mary’s Place and The Tavern on Mill, Levine and Havens settle on another space on Mill Ave.
Their Moonshine Whiskey Bar and Grill opened on March 13 and features country music, line dancing and a mechanical bull. Levine and Havens have also hired “flair bartenders” to juggle and do tricks while they make drinks.
“Bar Hunters” airs Monday nights at 10 p.m. PT on Discovery Channel.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments