TEMPE, Ariz. — Two Tempe bar owners helped launch the premiere of a new Discovery Channel reality show on Monday.
In the first episode of Discovery Channel’s “Bar Hunters,” best friends Ben Levine and Lars Havens are looking for the perfect spot to open their “all-American country bar.” They are accompanied by host Tom Powers, a bar expert and sommelier who has helped launch over two dozen bars and restaurants. Powers uses his knowledge and expertise to help the first-time bar owners find their dream bar, along with giving them the pros and cons of each location they visit.
After looking at three locations, including Mary’s Place and The Tavern on Mill, Levine and Havens settle on another space on Mill Ave.
Their Moonshine Whiskey Bar and Grill opened on March 13 and features country music, line dancing and a mechanical bull. Levine and Havens have also hired “flair bartenders” to juggle and do tricks while they make drinks.
“Bar Hunters” airs Monday nights at 10 p.m. PT on Discovery Channel.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them