PHOENIX — It was a big day Friday for KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ned Foster, who officially signed off after an illustrious radio and TV career, including the past 26 years on KTAR.
“It’s time for me to say goodbye,” he said in his final minutes on the air. “I wish I had a magic button that would let me connect right now with everyone who listened over the past 33 years — here on KTAR and before that on KOY — because I want to say thanks, too.”
Foster, a Massachusetts native, has traveled far and wide in his 47-year radio career. He first signed on in Boston, followed by Fort Wayne, Indiana and Los Angeles, before finally setting up shop in the Valley in 1983.
He joined KTAR in 1988 and has kept audiences in the know on the award-winning “Arizona’s Morning News” ever since.
“Ned is the consummate news man and he’s had an absolutely remarkable career,” Bonneville Phoenix Vice President of Content and Operations Ryan Hatch said. “We can’t thank him enough for helping Arizona commuters get to work informed and on time each morning.”
Foster announced his retirement this summer. His role on Arizona’s Morning News will be filled by longtime news personality Jim Sharpe while Connie Weber’s spot will be taken by award-winning anchor Jayme West.
(Editor’s note: You can watch an ABC 15 interview with Foster below.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Adorable toddler does his best to identify dinosaurs
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Give-A-Thon begins Wednesday
- Smile like you mean it: Phoenix mayor has inside track on getting along with rival
- Could seasoned political veterans sink Donald Trump’s presidential campaign?
- Take a walk out of the secure zone at the Republican National Convention