PHOENIX — It was a big day Friday for KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ned Foster, who officially signed off after an illustrious radio and TV career, including the past 26 years on KTAR.
“It’s time for me to say goodbye,” he said in his final minutes on the air. “I wish I had a magic button that would let me connect right now with everyone who listened over the past 33 years — here on KTAR and before that on KOY — because I want to say thanks, too.”
Foster, a Massachusetts native, has traveled far and wide in his 47-year radio career. He first signed on in Boston, followed by Fort Wayne, Indiana and Los Angeles, before finally setting up shop in the Valley in 1983.
He joined KTAR in 1988 and has kept audiences in the know on the award-winning “Arizona’s Morning News” ever since.
“Ned is the consummate news man and he’s had an absolutely remarkable career,” Bonneville Phoenix Vice President of Content and Operations Ryan Hatch said. “We can’t thank him enough for helping Arizona commuters get to work informed and on time each morning.”
Foster announced his retirement this summer. His role on Arizona’s Morning News will be filled by longtime news personality Jim Sharpe while Connie Weber’s spot will be taken by award-winning anchor Jayme West.
(Editor’s note: You can watch an ABC 15 interview with Foster below.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Donald Trump’s sweep of Northeast primaries keeps him on path to nomination
- New kind of senior living: ASU wants retirement community on Tempe campus
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Sharper Point: Is the Ted Cruz affair tabloid headline accurate?
- Top Clicks of March 2016