PHOENIX — It was a big day Friday for KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ned Foster, who officially signed off after an illustrious radio and TV career, including the past 26 years on KTAR.
“It’s time for me to say goodbye,” he said in his final minutes on the air. “I wish I had a magic button that would let me connect right now with everyone who listened over the past 33 years — here on KTAR and before that on KOY — because I want to say thanks, too.”
Foster, a Massachusetts native, has traveled far and wide in his 47-year radio career. He first signed on in Boston, followed by Fort Wayne, Indiana and Los Angeles, before finally setting up shop in the Valley in 1983.
He joined KTAR in 1988 and has kept audiences in the know on the award-winning “Arizona’s Morning News” ever since.
“Ned is the consummate news man and he’s had an absolutely remarkable career,” Bonneville Phoenix Vice President of Content and Operations Ryan Hatch said. “We can’t thank him enough for helping Arizona commuters get to work informed and on time each morning.”
Foster announced his retirement this summer. His role on Arizona’s Morning News will be filled by longtime news personality Jim Sharpe while Connie Weber’s spot will be taken by award-winning anchor Jayme West.
(Editor’s note: You can watch an ABC 15 interview with Foster below.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Give-A-Thon begins Wednesday
- Smile like you mean it: Phoenix mayor has inside track on getting along with rival
- Could seasoned political veterans sink Donald Trump’s presidential campaign?
- Take a walk out of the secure zone at the Republican National Convention
- Police looking for leads in Phoenix assault, Mesa shooting