PHOENIX — A private tour held this weekend could lead to better relations between Phoenix and a zoo in one of its partner cities.
Israeli zoo director Yehuda Bar began a two-day tour of the Phoenix Zoo on Friday. It was payback for a tour that Phoenix Zoo leaders got of the zoo in Ramat Gan, Israel, two years ago.
Phoenix Zoo President Bert Castro hopes this is the start of the two parks working together.
“I’d like to see my staff go over there and maybe help them with their education programs, have some of his staff come over here and do the same, and just really start to build some good cooperation,” Castro said.
Bar saw the Phoenix’s “Zoolights” on Friday night, and is now considering lighting up the Ramat Gan Zoo at night during the summer.
“July, August, and September in Israel is very hot, very humid,” Bar said. “In the evening, the weather is much better. So, maybe, people will come.”
Castro and Bar are holding meetings to plan future areas of cooperation.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes