PHOENIX — A private tour held this weekend could lead to better relations between Phoenix and a zoo in one of its partner cities.
Israeli zoo director Yehuda Bar began a two-day tour of the Phoenix Zoo on Friday. It was payback for a tour that Phoenix Zoo leaders got of the zoo in Ramat Gan, Israel, two years ago.
Phoenix Zoo President Bert Castro hopes this is the start of the two parks working together.
“I’d like to see my staff go over there and maybe help them with their education programs, have some of his staff come over here and do the same, and just really start to build some good cooperation,” Castro said.
Bar saw the Phoenix’s “Zoolights” on Friday night, and is now considering lighting up the Ramat Gan Zoo at night during the summer.
“July, August, and September in Israel is very hot, very humid,” Bar said. “In the evening, the weather is much better. So, maybe, people will come.”
Castro and Bar are holding meetings to plan future areas of cooperation.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon