PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix will host a festival Saturday to promote recycling.
“We don’t want to fill our landfills, we have to be mindful of our environment,” said Yvette Roeder with the city of Phoenix.
The goal is to allow valley residents to get rid of clutter from their homes and help non-profits like Goodwill and Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Books, electronics, car seats, clothes and toys will be accepted. Batteries, plastic bags, office supplies and golf balls will also be accepted. Residents can also bring paperwork for shredding.
CRT monitors and CRT televisions will also be accepted, but carry a small fee for recycling.
Last October, the attendees at the event recycled 2,000 pounds of clothing, books and other household items, as well as 21,467 pounds of electronics and 29,905 pounds of shredded paper.
The “I Recycle Phoenix” event will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Desert Ridge Marketplace.
For more information, click here.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets