SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Police say a man is in custody Thursday after robbing a Scottsdale bank.
Police were called to the Compass Bank on E. Osborn Road at approximately 2:00 p.m. Thursday after a man approached a teller, said he was robbing the bank and demanded cash.
The man was described as white, in his 50s and wearing a shirt and tan pants.
Officer David Pubins of the Scottsdale PD said the suspect then fled the scene on foot and was later spotted in front of the Courtyard Marriott on Scottsdale Road.
The suspect did not comply with the officers’ commands and reached behind his back with one hand.
He was then fired upon, while another officer used his taser.
The man was taken to Shea Medical Center with unknown injuries, although preliminary reports said he did not appear to have been struck by the firearm. He possessed no weapon, only the stolen cash.
No officers or bank employees were injured.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them