SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Police say a man is in custody Thursday after robbing a Scottsdale bank.
Police were called to the Compass Bank on E. Osborn Road at approximately 2:00 p.m. Thursday after a man approached a teller, said he was robbing the bank and demanded cash.
The man was described as white, in his 50s and wearing a shirt and tan pants.
Officer David Pubins of the Scottsdale PD said the suspect then fled the scene on foot and was later spotted in front of the Courtyard Marriott on Scottsdale Road.
The suspect did not comply with the officers’ commands and reached behind his back with one hand.
He was then fired upon, while another officer used his taser.
The man was taken to Shea Medical Center with unknown injuries, although preliminary reports said he did not appear to have been struck by the firearm. He possessed no weapon, only the stolen cash.
No officers or bank employees were injured.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.