SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Police say a man is in custody Thursday after robbing a Scottsdale bank.
Police were called to the Compass Bank on E. Osborn Road at approximately 2:00 p.m. Thursday after a man approached a teller, said he was robbing the bank and demanded cash.
The man was described as white, in his 50s and wearing a shirt and tan pants.
Officer David Pubins of the Scottsdale PD said the suspect then fled the scene on foot and was later spotted in front of the Courtyard Marriott on Scottsdale Road.
The suspect did not comply with the officers’ commands and reached behind his back with one hand.
He was then fired upon, while another officer used his taser.
The man was taken to Shea Medical Center with unknown injuries, although preliminary reports said he did not appear to have been struck by the firearm. He possessed no weapon, only the stolen cash.
No officers or bank employees were injured.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains