SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Police say a man is in custody Thursday after robbing a Scottsdale bank.
Police were called to the Compass Bank on E. Osborn Road at approximately 2:00 p.m. Thursday after a man approached a teller, said he was robbing the bank and demanded cash.
The man was described as white, in his 50s and wearing a shirt and tan pants.
Officer David Pubins of the Scottsdale PD said the suspect then fled the scene on foot and was later spotted in front of the Courtyard Marriott on Scottsdale Road.
The suspect did not comply with the officers’ commands and reached behind his back with one hand.
He was then fired upon, while another officer used his taser.
The man was taken to Shea Medical Center with unknown injuries, although preliminary reports said he did not appear to have been struck by the firearm. He possessed no weapon, only the stolen cash.
No officers or bank employees were injured.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development