PHOENIX — Almost 10 homes were evacuated Thursday in the North Valley after a gas line broke.
The gas line burst near 43rd Avenue and Happy Valley Road, forcing the evacuation of nine homes.
“Southwest Gas does have the line pinched off,” said Phoenix Fire Capt. Benjamin Santillan, adding that there were 11 evacuees.
Trouble with the gas line was first noticed by a concerned resident.
“One of the residents was noticing some bubbling from the ground,” Santillan explained. “She went ahead and called Southwest Gas. They came out here and they started getting some good readings of gas.”
The gas level has fallen from 70 to 11, so the gas is dissipating, according to Santillan.
No injuries have been reported.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development