PHOENIX — Almost 10 homes were evacuated Thursday in the North Valley after a gas line broke.
The gas line burst near 43rd Avenue and Happy Valley Road, forcing the evacuation of nine homes.
“Southwest Gas does have the line pinched off,” said Phoenix Fire Capt. Benjamin Santillan, adding that there were 11 evacuees.
Trouble with the gas line was first noticed by a concerned resident.
“One of the residents was noticing some bubbling from the ground,” Santillan explained. “She went ahead and called Southwest Gas. They came out here and they started getting some good readings of gas.”
The gas level has fallen from 70 to 11, so the gas is dissipating, according to Santillan.
No injuries have been reported.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.