PHOENIX — Almost 10 homes were evacuated Thursday in the North Valley after a gas line broke.
The gas line burst near 43rd Avenue and Happy Valley Road, forcing the evacuation of nine homes.
“Southwest Gas does have the line pinched off,” said Phoenix Fire Capt. Benjamin Santillan, adding that there were 11 evacuees.
Trouble with the gas line was first noticed by a concerned resident.
“One of the residents was noticing some bubbling from the ground,” Santillan explained. “She went ahead and called Southwest Gas. They came out here and they started getting some good readings of gas.”
The gas level has fallen from 70 to 11, so the gas is dissipating, according to Santillan.
No injuries have been reported.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them