PHOENIX — A hacker may have gained access to the personal information of more than 9,000 former University of Arizona law students, the school said Wednesday.
The Tucson school said the attack happened on July 29. The hacker gained access to old class rosters and applicants lists that may have compromised the names and Social Security numbers of 9,080 former students.
After the university discovered the breach, the affected server was taken offline. A letter was sent to those whose information may have been compromised.
“We’re working to help make sure people are not harmed by this incident,” said Marc L. Miller, dean of the James E. Rogers College of Law, in a press release. “We deeply regret the breach occurred and we’ve taken extensive measures to prevent this from happening again.”
The school purchased one year’s worth of credit monitoring that will allow affected students to keep an eye on their credit at no charge.
The university also advised those affected to change their passwords.
For more information, call (877) 522-7970.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them