PHOENIX — MassMutual Insurance has given the Valley’s job front a big shot in the arm, locating its western headquarters in Phoenix.
The site officially opened Wednesday.
The operations base is near Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue. About 150 people are already working and by next year the company plans to employ 400 people in jobs ranging from customer service to information technology.
Pay ranges from $33,000 to $110,000 a year. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said the company is a great addition to the area.
“Phoenix was ranked by Brookings as the top turnaround economy in the nation. Great things are happening in the city and this state.”
The relocation represents a milestone for MassMutual and for Phoenix. It’s the first time the insurance giant has had a corporate presence outside of the northeast.
Executive Vice President Elaine Sarsynski said the move was a major undertaking but that the transition was helped by prior relationships in the Phoenix area.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night