PHOENIX — MassMutual Insurance has given the Valley’s job front a big shot in the arm, locating its western headquarters in Phoenix.
The site officially opened Wednesday.
The operations base is near Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue. About 150 people are already working and by next year the company plans to employ 400 people in jobs ranging from customer service to information technology.
Pay ranges from $33,000 to $110,000 a year. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said the company is a great addition to the area.
“Phoenix was ranked by Brookings as the top turnaround economy in the nation. Great things are happening in the city and this state.”
The relocation represents a milestone for MassMutual and for Phoenix. It’s the first time the insurance giant has had a corporate presence outside of the northeast.
Executive Vice President Elaine Sarsynski said the move was a major undertaking but that the transition was helped by prior relationships in the Phoenix area.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development