PHOENIX — MassMutual Insurance has given the Valley’s job front a big shot in the arm, locating its western headquarters in Phoenix.
The site officially opened Wednesday.
The operations base is near Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue. About 150 people are already working and by next year the company plans to employ 400 people in jobs ranging from customer service to information technology.
Pay ranges from $33,000 to $110,000 a year. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said the company is a great addition to the area.
“Phoenix was ranked by Brookings as the top turnaround economy in the nation. Great things are happening in the city and this state.”
The relocation represents a milestone for MassMutual and for Phoenix. It’s the first time the insurance giant has had a corporate presence outside of the northeast.
Executive Vice President Elaine Sarsynski said the move was a major undertaking but that the transition was helped by prior relationships in the Phoenix area.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food