PHOENIX — The ongoing failure to reach an agreement that would end the federal shutdown has House Republicans from Arizona wishing for a different Democrat in the White House.
U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) said former President Bill Clinton was always talking with people and understood what it took to get everyone to the table.
“It wasn’t just his way only. What you saw was a compromise that saw deficits reduced and a new type of energy to our economy. What we have now is a president that hasn’t been a businessman, who hasn’t signed the front end of a check. It’s all about him and not the American public.”
U.S. Rep Matt Salmon (R-Ariz.) was in Congress in the mid-1990s during the last government shutdown and said Clinton rolled up his sleeves during those three weeks and met with House and Senate members.
“Clinton was at the table every day with congressional leaders. This president is AWOL. He is nowhere to be found and has relegated all authority for being commander in chief to Sen. Harry Reid.”
Tuesday, President Obama was at the White House to present an Army veteran with a Medal of Honor.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development