PHOENIX — The ongoing failure to reach an agreement that would end the federal shutdown has House Republicans from Arizona wishing for a different Democrat in the White House.
U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) said former President Bill Clinton was always talking with people and understood what it took to get everyone to the table.
“It wasn’t just his way only. What you saw was a compromise that saw deficits reduced and a new type of energy to our economy. What we have now is a president that hasn’t been a businessman, who hasn’t signed the front end of a check. It’s all about him and not the American public.”
U.S. Rep Matt Salmon (R-Ariz.) was in Congress in the mid-1990s during the last government shutdown and said Clinton rolled up his sleeves during those three weeks and met with House and Senate members.
“Clinton was at the table every day with congressional leaders. This president is AWOL. He is nowhere to be found and has relegated all authority for being commander in chief to Sen. Harry Reid.”
Tuesday, President Obama was at the White House to present an Army veteran with a Medal of Honor.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again