PHOENIX — The magic of Mozart is coming live to Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Tent City Sunday night.
ASU Professor Qingqing Ye and retired London lawyer RJ Astor will perform for inmates.
According to a news release from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the concert is Astor’s idea. He travels the world to expose more people to classical music.
Arpaio said the show comes at no cost to taxpayers and that he plans to attend.
“This is a fairly young, male audience. And I might expect a little heckling at first, but maybe after a few numbers, an appreciation might set in,” he said.
The last professional concert at Tent City was in 2004 when country singer Glen Campbell performed after serving time for a DUI.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier