PHOENIX — Is Mother Nature joining in the protests against the partial federal government shutdown?
It’s quite possible, as a bobcat was spotted near Rep. David Schweikert’s Scottsdale office on Friday.
A Google Maps searched showed Schweikert’s office is located near Hayden and Shea roads, just a short distance away from the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community reservation. It is not unusual for a bobcat to wind up in the middle of a town, especially one that borders a tract of open land like Scottsdale.
Bobcats have been known to travel as far as seven miles from their dens along habitual routes. Scientists debate on how large of an area a bobcat will cover in a day, but it appears to depend on the season.
The bobcat appeared to be a full-grown adult. They stand about one to two feet tall when on all fours.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier