PHOENIX — Is Mother Nature joining in the protests against the partial federal government shutdown?
It’s quite possible, as a bobcat was spotted near Rep. David Schweikert’s Scottsdale office on Friday.
A Google Maps searched showed Schweikert’s office is located near Hayden and Shea roads, just a short distance away from the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community reservation. It is not unusual for a bobcat to wind up in the middle of a town, especially one that borders a tract of open land like Scottsdale.
Bobcats have been known to travel as far as seven miles from their dens along habitual routes. Scientists debate on how large of an area a bobcat will cover in a day, but it appears to depend on the season.
The bobcat appeared to be a full-grown adult. They stand about one to two feet tall when on all fours.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them