GLENDALE, Ariz. – The Glendale Police Department needs help in identifying a man suspected in a sexual assault.
On Sunday, Sept. 29, at approximately 10:45 p.m., a 15-year-old Hispanic female was on her way home in the area of 4600 N. 59th Avenue.
She was approached by a man in a car who forced her to enter the car at gunpoint. He then drove to the area of 5300 N. 59th Avenue and sexually assaulted the teenager at a car wash.
Shortly before the assault occurred, the suspect was seen on surveillance footage purchasing condoms at aconvenient store in the area.
According to Glendale Police, the suspect is described as follows:
Hispanic Male, approximately 27 years of age. He is approximately 6’0″ tall and has a thin build, weighing about 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black and blue striped American Eagle shirt and designer jeans. He has a mole under his right eye. At the time of incident, he had a thin beard and mustache.
He is also believed to have been driving a newer Toyota FJ Cruiser, silver-colored, with a white roof and black roof rack.
The suspect was seen at a Valley Walmart on Thursday.
Detectives currently have no leads.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night