PHOENIX – A new study from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
gives hope to post-menopausal women battling invasive breast cancer.
Findings from a study involving thousands of post-menopausal women suggest that women who develop invasive breast cancer may benefit from taking supplements containing both multivitamins and minerals.
The new research, published in “Breast Cancer Research and Treatment,” suggests the risk of dying from invasive breast cancer was 30 percent lower among multivitamin and mineral users, compared with nonusers.
“Our body needs the multivitamins and minerals for anti-oxidants and phytochemicals. They help build healthy cells, eliminate toxins [and] help prevent cancer,” said Lee Renda, Oncology Dietician for the University of Cancer Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital. “Anti-oxidants and phytochemicals are in fruits and vegetables, but they are also in multivitamins and minerals,” said Renda.
Renda says patients should look for a multivitamin that has 100 percent of the daily allowance or 100 percent of the daily values.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them