PHOENIX — Eastbound Interstate 10 was blocked Wednesday after blowing dust caused numerous collisions, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
The crashes happened one mile east of McCartney Road to the northeast of Casa Grande.
Traffic was able to pass the crashes on the shoulder.
It is unknown if anyone was injured in the crashes.
ADOT said the crashes caused a backup as far as two miles.
The lanes were reopened about 4:25 p.m.
A dust storm warning was in effect for the area on Wednesday. The National Weather Service estimated winds will be between 25 and 35 mph with gusts as high as 45 mph.
Drivers in the area were urged to be cautious as visibility could be reduced to as low as one-quarter mile. High-profile vehicles need to use caution as gusts can make driving difficult.
A wind advisory and a blowing dust advisory were also in effect until 9 p.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon