PHOENIX — Eastbound Interstate 10 was blocked Wednesday after blowing dust caused numerous collisions, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
The crashes happened one mile east of McCartney Road to the northeast of Casa Grande.
Traffic was able to pass the crashes on the shoulder.
It is unknown if anyone was injured in the crashes.
ADOT said the crashes caused a backup as far as two miles.
The lanes were reopened about 4:25 p.m.
A dust storm warning was in effect for the area on Wednesday. The National Weather Service estimated winds will be between 25 and 35 mph with gusts as high as 45 mph.
Drivers in the area were urged to be cautious as visibility could be reduced to as low as one-quarter mile. High-profile vehicles need to use caution as gusts can make driving difficult.
A wind advisory and a blowing dust advisory were also in effect until 9 p.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.