PHOENIX — Many economists and political leaders have said failing to meet the Oct. 17 deadline to pay America’s debt could send the country into another recession, but News/Talk 92.3’s Smart Investor Wayne Stutzer said the U.S. has plenty of money to cover the debt.
“The world isn’t coming to an end,” he said. “Revenue is still coming in and the deadline to file taxes for this year is next Tuesday and that’s going to be a chunk of change so from our research we could go into November. We have the money and the argument is about how to spend it.”
Stutzer doesn’t believe another recession is in the offing if the debt deadline is crossed. But he said
the world is watching closely and failing to get a deal done would put doubt in people’s minds and that would be damaging.
“If we default on the debt, China gets hurt worse than us.”
The government has racked up $17 trillion in debt and the current interest on that figure represents about 10 percent of the nation’s revenue.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon