PHOENIX — The battle over the title of the “West’s Most Western Town” will heat up Tuesday night.
Cave Creek Mayor Vincent Francia will attend the Scottsdale City Council meeting to challenge Mayor Jim Lane to a gun duel for the title.
“The code of the west is you defend what is yours when someone makes a claim,” Francia said. “We are making that claim that we are the ‘West’s Most Western Town’ and I hope Mayor Lane accepts on behalf of his community.”
Should Lane accept the challenge, Francia said the pair would duel at high noon Saturday during Wild West Days in Cave Creek. The mayors would use guns with blanks.
Last month, Francia made a move to take the title from Scottsdale, which has held it for more than 60 years.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon