PHOENIX — A new report said Arizona will be one of the states hardest hit by the partial government shutdown.
Wallet Hub, a personal finance social network, said Arizona will be the 15th-most impacted state by the shutdown.
The report took into account which states have the highest concentration of federal employees and the most significant federal contracts, but also looked at the areas in which there are large populations of people who have lost or are at risk of losing key federal funding such as students, small business owners, senior citizens, and veterans.
Wallet Hub concluded that states won by the Republican Party in the 2012 presidential election could be hit disproportionately hard by a prolonged government shutdown, as 15 such states ranked in the top 25 in the study’s overall at-risk rankings.
The report said delayed mortgage closings will have a large impact on Arizona.
Overall, the state most affected by the shutdown will be Virginia, followed by Alaska, Alabama, Washington, D.C. and Maine, respectively.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick