Arizona State Rep. Brenda Barton had a few choice words about the government shutdown on Monday, including “Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer.”
The correct phrase, Der Fuhrer, is German for leader, and is associated with Adolf Hitler.
The full comment called park rangers “thugs” and questioned if any sheriffs have “a pair.”
Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer… where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?
Barton (R-Payson) took to her Facebook page to voice displeasure about President Barack Obama.
Barton told the Arizona Capitol Times that Obama and Hitler are similar in their leadership
styles. She said Obama and Hitler are similar in many ways, including
national health care and gun control.
The rant started with a post linking to a story about property owners being kicked out of their homes if they are on federal land.
I am **FURIOUS** and you should be too!!! Its an insult to close Veterans Memorials to those who served; its a major Frack-You to close the National Parks; but now kicking people out of their homes and closing their businesses?? This man is demonstrating just how much he holds our country in contempt.
She continued with another post suggesting Obama should not be keeping all of his perks.
While the POTUS continues to punish the American people; he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife’s excessive staff and stable of Czars! I’ll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!
DJ Quinlan, executive director of the Arizona Democratic Party, called the
comments “outrageous and offensive.” Quinlan also says it is troubling that
Barton’s Republican colleagues haven’t spoken up.
KTAR has reached out to Rep. Barton asking for comment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier