Arizona State Rep. Brenda Barton had a few choice words about the government shutdown on Monday, including “Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer.”
The correct phrase, Der Fuhrer, is German for leader, and is associated with Adolf Hitler.
The full comment called park rangers “thugs” and questioned if any sheriffs have “a pair.”
Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer… where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?
Barton (R-Payson) took to her Facebook page to voice displeasure about President Barack Obama.
Barton told the Arizona Capitol Times that Obama and Hitler are similar in their leadership
styles. She said Obama and Hitler are similar in many ways, including
national health care and gun control.
The rant started with a post linking to a story about property owners being kicked out of their homes if they are on federal land.
I am **FURIOUS** and you should be too!!! Its an insult to close Veterans Memorials to those who served; its a major Frack-You to close the National Parks; but now kicking people out of their homes and closing their businesses?? This man is demonstrating just how much he holds our country in contempt.
She continued with another post suggesting Obama should not be keeping all of his perks.
While the POTUS continues to punish the American people; he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife’s excessive staff and stable of Czars! I’ll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!
DJ Quinlan, executive director of the Arizona Democratic Party, called the
comments “outrageous and offensive.” Quinlan also says it is troubling that
Barton’s Republican colleagues haven’t spoken up.
KTAR has reached out to Rep. Barton asking for comment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development