Arizona State Rep. Brenda Barton had a few choice words about the government shutdown on Monday, including “Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer.”
The correct phrase, Der Fuhrer, is German for leader, and is associated with Adolf Hitler.
The full comment called park rangers “thugs” and questioned if any sheriffs have “a pair.”
Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer… where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?
Barton (R-Payson) took to her Facebook page to voice displeasure about President Barack Obama.
Barton told the Arizona Capitol Times that Obama and Hitler are similar in their leadership
styles. She said Obama and Hitler are similar in many ways, including
national health care and gun control.
The rant started with a post linking to a story about property owners being kicked out of their homes if they are on federal land.
I am **FURIOUS** and you should be too!!! Its an insult to close Veterans Memorials to those who served; its a major Frack-You to close the National Parks; but now kicking people out of their homes and closing their businesses?? This man is demonstrating just how much he holds our country in contempt.
She continued with another post suggesting Obama should not be keeping all of his perks.
While the POTUS continues to punish the American people; he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife’s excessive staff and stable of Czars! I’ll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!
DJ Quinlan, executive director of the Arizona Democratic Party, called the
comments “outrageous and offensive.” Quinlan also says it is troubling that
Barton’s Republican colleagues haven’t spoken up.
KTAR has reached out to Rep. Barton asking for comment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night