Arizona State Rep. Brenda Barton had a few choice words about the government shutdown on Monday, including “Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer.”
The correct phrase, Der Fuhrer, is German for leader, and is associated with Adolf Hitler.
The full comment called park rangers “thugs” and questioned if any sheriffs have “a pair.”
Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer… where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?
Barton (R-Payson) took to her Facebook page to voice displeasure about President Barack Obama.
Barton told the Arizona Capitol Times that Obama and Hitler are similar in their leadership
styles. She said Obama and Hitler are similar in many ways, including
national health care and gun control.
The rant started with a post linking to a story about property owners being kicked out of their homes if they are on federal land.
I am **FURIOUS** and you should be too!!! Its an insult to close Veterans Memorials to those who served; its a major Frack-You to close the National Parks; but now kicking people out of their homes and closing their businesses?? This man is demonstrating just how much he holds our country in contempt.
She continued with another post suggesting Obama should not be keeping all of his perks.
While the POTUS continues to punish the American people; he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife’s excessive staff and stable of Czars! I’ll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!
DJ Quinlan, executive director of the Arizona Democratic Party, called the
comments “outrageous and offensive.” Quinlan also says it is troubling that
Barton’s Republican colleagues haven’t spoken up.
KTAR has reached out to Rep. Barton asking for comment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets