PHOENIX — As the mega-hit TV show “The Walking Dead” is set to return for its fourth season on AMC, fans are gearing up for the next issue of the comics to hit stores.
Several comic book shops in Arizona will be hosting a midnight release party on Wednesday, Oct. 9, of the “The Walking Dead” No. 115; it’s said to be the first issue featuring a dramatic turn in the storyline.
The comic’s publisher, Image Comics, called for the kickoff event at stores nationwide to mark the 10th anniversary of the debut of the series, which was created by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Tony Moore.
“Even though there’s a horror angle, there’s a real people angle, and it’s about survival,” said Alan Jiroux, owner of All About Books & Comics.
The AMC show returns to TV screens on Sunday, Oct. 13.
You can catch the release party at one of the following stores:
All About Books & Comics, Phoenix (602-277-0757) — event begins at 10:00 p.m. Tuesday
Dr. Fantasy’s Comics, Glendale (623-878-1800) — event begins at 11:30 p.m. Tuesday
Fantasy Comics, Tucson (520-670-0100)
Hero Comics, Phoenix (602-843-6320)
Jesse James Comics, Glendale (602-993-0392) — doors open at 11:00 p.m. Tuesday
Samurai Comics, Phoenix (623-872-8886)
Samurai Comics, Mesa (480-962-1123)
Samurai Comics, Phoenix (602-265-8886)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development