PHOENIX — Arizona’s fall elk rifle hunting season just began but hunters are finding some new challenges because of the government shutdown.
Steve Clark with the Arizona Elk Society said hunters can still get into Bureau of Land Management and United States Forest Service land, but finding a place to camp is a bit of work.
“Some of the guys who use developed campgrounds are having issues,” he said.
Those campgrounds have been closed because of the shutdown.
Clark said hunting is not permitted on National Park Service land and closure of roads is making it difficult for some hunters to get into their favorite spots.
“Park Service land is locked up. Cones are up and you can’t get past the gates.”
And in some cases, the closures will put a strain on hunters because they will have to pack their elk out at a greater distance than they would usually have to do during hunting season.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them