PHOENIX — A Valley man crashed head-on into a vehicle carrying four passengers Sunday morning in Phoenix.
Phoenix police said 19-year-old Edgar Martinez was heading north on 31st Avenue near Acoma and driving at a high rate of speed when he crashed into another car traveling in the opposite direction. Inside the other car were three children ranging in age from three to 11 years old.
Police said the youngest is in extremely critical condition. The other two kids are suffering from non-life-threatening injuries. The man driving those children was also hurt in the crash.
Martinez suffered minor injuries and police tested him for possible impairment. A front seat passenger in his car suffered serious injuries. Martinez is facing four counts of aggravated assault and one count of endangerment, police said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon