TEMPE, Ariz. — Halloween has come early to Tempe this year.
The second annual Rapture Horror Expo has taken up residence at the DoubleTree Hotel, and this year, the convention has gotten even bigger.
The expo focuses on both horror and supernatural media and includes makeup workshops, costume contests, a fashion show, movie screenings, a late-night dance party and even a “Scream Queen” contest.
Celebrities are the biggest draw, and Rapture Horror Expo has drawn some of the most iconic names in horror.
The guest highlights of this year’s horror convention include Linda Blair from “The Exorcist,” “The Original Ladies of the Living Dead,” featuring Judith O’Dea and Judith Ridley from George Romero’s “Night of the Living Dead” and actor Sid Haig from “House of 1,000 Corpses,” which will also be screened at midnight tonight, in honor of its 10th anniversary.
Other featured guests include Danielle Harris from the “Halloween” franchise, John Dugan from “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” John Kassir, voice of “The Crypt Keeper,” Fred Williamson from “From Dusk Till Dawn” and Theodus Crane from “The Walking Dead.”
In addition to celebrity guests and artists, the lobby of the hotel is dedicated to local acts and charities, such as the Arizona Hive of the Umbrella Corporation, made popular by the “Resident Evil” franchise.
“The Arizona Hive is a non-profit cosplay (costume play) for charity group and all our proceeds go to the Arizona Animal Welfare League,” explained Angus Schultz, 26, of Mesa.
And what would a horror convention be without lots of blood? The expo is also holding a blood drive on site, benefiting United Blood Services.
The expo runs until 7 p.m. Sunday.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.