PHOENIX — A man is behind bars after allegedly stealing close to $31,000 worth of movies and video games from Valley Redbox locations.
Vincent Bandin, 35, somehow managed to override the vending machines’ security systems and steal at least 680 DVDs, Blu-Ray movies and video games over a two-year period, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Bandin would then sell the items to local video game vendors and drug dealers, said Phoenix officer James Holmes.
“He admitted he has a drug problem,” said Holmes. “And his whole point of stealing from Red Box was to support that drug habit.”
Detectives from the Phoenix Police Business and Economic Stability Team (BEST) were contacted by Red Box security after the company noticed the thefts.
Holmes said Redbox is working on adjusting the security features on its vending machines.
Bandin was booked into jail on charges of theft and trafficking stolen goods.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development