PHOENIX — A Valley gym is giving furloughed federal employees a free place to blow off steam.
“I wanted to make an offer to someone, a group of people, that I felt like were being unduly injured,” said Mountainside Fitness CEO Billy Malkovitch said Friday.
The gym is offering free gym memberships to all federal workers in Arizona that are affected by the partial government shutdown.
“My one exclusion from this was elected officials because they are the reason are the reason these people are laid off and feeling stressed out,” said Malkovitch.
The offer is applicable to both new and existing members.
Existing members can choose between two 30-minute training sessions, one month of tanning, one month of childcare or have their membership fees covered through the end of the year.
Mountainside Fitness has 10 locations in the Valley.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night