PHOENIX — A Valley gym is giving furloughed federal employees a free place to blow off steam.
“I wanted to make an offer to someone, a group of people, that I felt like were being unduly injured,” said Mountainside Fitness CEO Billy Malkovitch said Friday.
The gym is offering free gym memberships to all federal workers in Arizona that are affected by the partial government shutdown.
“My one exclusion from this was elected officials because they are the reason are the reason these people are laid off and feeling stressed out,” said Malkovitch.
The offer is applicable to both new and existing members.
Existing members can choose between two 30-minute training sessions, one month of tanning, one month of childcare or have their membership fees covered through the end of the year.
Mountainside Fitness has 10 locations in the Valley.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development