PHOENIX — New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez is taking a swing at Major League Baseball.
A-Rod is suing MLB and Commissioner Bud Selig, claiming his 211-game suspension for violating baseball’s drug policy is too long.
Arizona Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall disagrees.
“I support the Commissioner’s office and Major League Baseball for the decisions they made when it came to the penalties that were handed down,” he said. “I’m very proud of the fact that we have the strongest and harshest drug policy in all of sports, and I’m going to stand behind them all of the way.”
Rodriguez claimed baseball has been on a “witch hunt” designed to smear his character and cost him tens of millions of dollars. He is appealing the suspension.
Major League Baseball released a statement Friday that called the lawsuit a “clear violation” of the confidentiality part of a drug agreement between MLB and the players union. It claimed Rodriguez is acting “desperate.”
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy