PHOENIX — New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez is taking a swing at Major League Baseball.
A-Rod is suing MLB and Commissioner Bud Selig, claiming his 211-game suspension for violating baseball’s drug policy is too long.
Arizona Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall disagrees.
“I support the Commissioner’s office and Major League Baseball for the decisions they made when it came to the penalties that were handed down,” he said. “I’m very proud of the fact that we have the strongest and harshest drug policy in all of sports, and I’m going to stand behind them all of the way.”
Rodriguez claimed baseball has been on a “witch hunt” designed to smear his character and cost him tens of millions of dollars. He is appealing the suspension.
Major League Baseball released a statement Friday that called the lawsuit a “clear violation” of the confidentiality part of a drug agreement between MLB and the players union. It claimed Rodriguez is acting “desperate.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development